I’m a twenty-*mumble-mumble*-year old living in Orange County, California. I recently graduated with a Masters in Library and Information Science from San José State University. Before that, I received my Bachelors in Communication Studies from Chapman University.
I started this blog in May 2010 as a way of keeping track of what I was reading and inspiring others to read. Then I got really busy with library school and life seemed to get in the way. My blog and my writing suffered. Once I finished library school in May 2011, I was faced with the “what am I doing with my life” conundrum that is quite popular among people my age. Rather than sitting idly and worrying all the time, I decided to go out more, make better use of my mind, and write things down. So I brought my blog back to life.
Midnight Cheesecake is my journal, scrapbook, inspiration board and stream of consciousness organized into several categories (knowing my blogging style, however, these are subject to change):
- Meatless Monday: In which I share vegetarian/vegan recipes I’ve used to make tasty rabbit food for my family
- Tech Tuesday: In which I talk about current events in the realm of social media/technology
- Wordless Wednesday: In which I do not say a word but share cool works of art
- Thirsty Thursday: In which I attempt to talk about beer, coffee, and other liquids I like with sophistication (I’m working on it)
- Friday Reads: In which I talk about books
As you can see, I don’t really discuss cheesecake at all. The name of my blog is my little homage to four ladies: Sophia, Dorothy, Blanche, and Rose [a.k.a. The Golden Girls]. They got me through some tough times in life, just as cheesecake got them through their trials and tribulations. Midnight Cheesecake is just a little reminder for me to keep on keepin’ on.
Thanks for stopping by!